Surfside was voted
the No.1 Beach Community in Texas
Aerial View of Galveston Beach
View from Surfside Deck
Galveston was voted no. 4.
GULFSCAPES MAGAZINE’s readers voted Surfside as being the No.1 Beach Community in Texas and one of the top two for the entire Gulf Coast.
What was so special about Surfside? The majority of the responders to GULFSCAPES’ poll said they liked that Surfside was such a nice place to take a family.
They liked that it wasn’t a “party beach.” Also receiving positive mention was the fishing and that Surfside had very little traffic even though it was near a large city.
Near Houston, Texas
Galveston is the second easiest beach to get to from Houston.
The easiest? Surfside Beach.
• From Houston, a beach house in Surfside is faster and easier to reach than a beach house in Galveston.
• There is much less traffic driving to Surfside compared with driving to Galveston.
• Galveston’s beach houses are on the west end of Galveston Island. Once you reach the seawall you still have quite a bit of driving left before you reach the west end where the houses are.
Galveston Beach Houses vs. Beach Houses in Surfside
1. Most Galveston beach houses are within a few blocks of the Gulf. Twenty-one (of twenty-five) of our beach houses are on the first or second row.
2. Nice beach houses in Surfside will cost less to rent than equally nice beach houses in Galveston.
3. Hotel/motel taxes are 50% less for a Surfside beach house than for a Galveston beach house. This can add up. For example, if your Galveston beach house rental is $899 you will pay a tax of $134.85. If the house is in Surfside, your tax would be $89.90.
For more information about staying in a Galveston or Surfside beach house, please check out our other web pages, or call us at 713-995-6111.